No two travelers are alike – some are traveling with other big families, some are looking for big kitchens, some are looking for big decks, and some are looking for a place right on the beach – regardless of what amenity any traveler is looking for, there are a few things that travelers, no matter how different, have told us are important and these things are reflected in your new listing quality score:
- Online Booking and HomeAway Payments - Over 90% of travelers have told us they prefer to book and pay for a vacation rental online.
- Response Scores – 25% of inquiring travelers today don’t get a response to their inquiry and most of them will end their search for a vacation rental if this happens to them
- Reviews – Over 85% of travelers have said reviews written within the last two years are more helpful than older reviews and nearly all travelers have said reviews are an important part of evaluating a vacation rental.
- Calendar – One of the biggest complaints we hear from guests is that calendars aren’t accurate and most say they want to see a calendar that has been updated within the last month.
- Valid Location – It’s no surprise that travelers care about the location of your property when they are trying to plan their vacation.
- Photos – Travelers spend the most time on your listing looking at your photos.
- Rates – To your potential guests, rates are the most important piece of information on your listing.
To help make sure the listings that have what travelers are looking for appear at the top of search results they have recently been updated to look at your new listing quality score. Visit your scorecard now to and follow the customized recommendation to improve your listing quality score and your position in search results.
There are also a few additional changes that were made at the same time to help make it easier for travelers to find and book the perfect vacation rental:
- If you have a response score, it is now displayed on your listing so your travelers can see when to expect a response from you.
- Listings whose calendars haven’t been updated in the last 60 days will not be displayed in search results where travelers enter specific dates.
The factors that are included in your listing scorecard, and in search results, will continue to evolve over time as travelers expectations and preferences change.