60%* of travelers who book vacation rentals are traveling with their family or a group and sometimes travelers send additional inquiries to ask additional questions or share new details. To help you be efficient and maintain a high response score, these additional inquiries will now appear differently and will not count towards your response score.
If a traveler submits an inquiry using the following criteria, it’s considered an additional inquiry:
- Inquiries using the same email address
- On the same property
- With the same travel dates
- Within 60 days of the initial inquiry
When you receive an additional inquiry, you will notice the following changes:
- Your inquiry confirmation email will indicate that it is an updated inquiry, instead of a new one from a new traveler
- Within your dashboard, the additional inquiry will be placed in a conversation with the initial one and noted with ‘updated details'
- Since your response score only looks at your response to the initial inquiry from a traveler so these additional inquiries will no longer count towards your score.
*Source: HomeAway research based on national survey of 1,126 adults who take “long” (4+ day) vacations, June 2011