Great news: you can now add up to 50 photos to your listing! More photos on your listing means more ways to get potential guests excited about booking your home. Make the most of the opportunity to show off more by taking photos that help your guests visualize what a vacation in your property would be like. Here are 5 tips to think about when showcasing your home:
- Coverage: Your guests are booking your property online, and because they haven’t seen your home in person, it is important that your photos present the overall story of your property. Your photos should cover all of your rooms, available amenities and your outside space. Don’t forget to add photos of the surrounding area and local activities.
- Quality photos: To make your listing shine, it is important that you take high resolution photos that are well-lit and well-staged. Visit the Discovery Hub for professional-quality photo tips.
- Appeal to your target audience: Who is your target audience? Do you cater to families, couples, pet lovers? Take photos that appeal to the need of your target guests. If you’re targeting pet lovers, a dog house in the garden might be just what they are searching for. Want to attract families? Include photos of the family-friendly amenities that you provide, such as cribs and high chairs. Think about what will attract your target traveler, and make sure these things are highlighted in your images.
- Thumbnail: The very first photo that your guests will see of your property is your listing thumbnail (the photo that is displayed on the search results page and the leading photo on your listing page). How do you make a traveler want to click on that photo? Showcase the best aspect of your home, and avoid overcrowded images as your thumbnail.
- Showcase your competitive advantage: What makes your home stand out from your competition? Do you have have an amazing BBQ area for entertaining or a hot tub overlooking the mountains? Add images that highlight the unique features of your property that travelers can’t get anywhere else.
You don’t need to be a professional photographer to take amazing listing photos - just put yourself in the mind of your potential guests and what they’re looking for. They want an experience apart from their everyday life - how will you and your property provide it? The key is to let your pictures paint the picture of a potential holiday in your home.